US teen dies of caffeine overdose

US teen dies of caffeine overdoseA coffee, a caffeinated drink and an energy soda proved a deadly combination for a South Carolina teenager who died within two hours of consuming them, triggering warnings about the risks of caffeine overdose. Davis Allen Cripe died on April 26 from a “caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia,” the Richland County coroner’s office in the southern US state wrote in a statement. Two hours before he collapsed, Cripe drank a cafe latte, a large Diet Mountain Dew and an energy drink.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines