Teenager dies in classroom of caffeine overdose after downing latte, energy drink and Mountain Dew

Teenager dies in classroom of caffeine overdose after downing latte, energy drink and Mountain DewA 16-year-old boy who died in his classroom at a South Carolina school suffered heart failure after drinking too much caffeine, a coroner has ruled. Davis Cripe had drunk a large Mountain Dew, a McDonald’s latte and an energy drink two hours before he collapsed. Ingesting such a large amount of caffeine over such a short period of time caused a condition known as cardiac arrhythmia, where the heart stops beating properly.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines