Tag Archives: statement

White House issues nonsensical statement about Iran nuclear deal

White House issues nonsensical statement about Iran nuclear dealA White House claim that Iran violated the terms of the 2015 nuclear deal before the agreement even existed has been ridiculed as “illogical”.Stephanie Grisham, appointed press secretary by Donald Trump last month, issued a statement on Monday that said: “There is little doubt that even before the deal’s existence, Iran was violating its terms.”Iran’s foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded in a message on Twitter: “Seriously?”Daryl Kimball, the executive director of the Arms Control Association, said the White House charge was “illogical”.The White House did not elaborate on how Iran could break the terms of the deal before it had been implemented.Last year Mr Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from the 2015 accord between Iran and world powers which saw it limit its enrichment of uranium in exchange for the lifting of economic sanctions.On Monday, officials acknowledged Iran broke through the limit the deal placed on its stockpile of enriched uranium. Mr Zarif confirmed that his country had exceeded the 300kg limit permitted under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.> Seriously? pic.twitter.com/oZApumVt2T> > — Javad Zarif (@JZarif) > > July 2, 2019The move marked Iran’s first major step beyond the terms of the pact since the US pulled out. Mr Zarif said the move was not a violation of the accord, arguing that Tehran was exercising its right to respond to the US walkout.“The Iranian regime took action today to increase its uranium enrichment. It was a mistake under the Iran nuclear deal to allow Iran to enrich uranium at any level,” the White House press secretary said in the statement.Mr Trump, asked if he had a message for Iran, said, “No message to Iran. They know what they’re doing. They know what they’re playing with, and I think they’re playing with fire. So, no message to Iran whatsoever.”It comes less than two weeks after the president said he ordered air strikes against Iranian targets, only to cancel them shortly before impact.European powers have urged Iran not to take further steps that would violate the agreement, but they held off on declaring the agreement void or announcing sanctions of their own.Additional reporting by agencies



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

White House issues nonsensical statement about Iran nuclear deal

White House issues nonsensical statement about Iran nuclear dealA White House claim that Iran violated the terms of the 2015 nuclear deal before the agreement even existed has been ridiculed as “illogical”.Stephanie Grisham, appointed press secretary by Donald Trump last month, issued a statement on Monday that said: “There is little doubt that even before the deal’s existence, Iran was violating its terms.”Iran’s foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded in a message on Twitter: “Seriously?”Daryl Kimball, the executive director of the Arms Control Association, said the White House charge was “illogical”.The White House did not elaborate on how Iran could break the terms of the deal before it had been implemented.Last year Mr Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from the 2015 accord between Iran and world powers which saw it limit its enrichment of uranium in exchange for the lifting of economic sanctions.On Monday, officials acknowledged Iran broke through the limit the deal placed on its stockpile of enriched uranium. Mr Zarif confirmed that his country had exceeded the 300kg limit permitted under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.> Seriously? pic.twitter.com/oZApumVt2T> > — Javad Zarif (@JZarif) > > July 2, 2019The move marked Iran’s first major step beyond the terms of the pact since the US pulled out. Mr Zarif said the move was not a violation of the accord, arguing that Tehran was exercising its right to respond to the US walkout.“The Iranian regime took action today to increase its uranium enrichment. It was a mistake under the Iran nuclear deal to allow Iran to enrich uranium at any level,” the White House press secretary said in the statement.Mr Trump, asked if he had a message for Iran, said, “No message to Iran. They know what they’re doing. They know what they’re playing with, and I think they’re playing with fire. So, no message to Iran whatsoever.”It comes less than two weeks after the president said he ordered air strikes against Iranian targets, only to cancel them shortly before impact.European powers have urged Iran not to take further steps that would violate the agreement, but they held off on declaring the agreement void or announcing sanctions of their own.Additional reporting by agencies



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Read the full statement from acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan about a 2010 domestic case

Read the full statement from acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan about a 2010 domestic caseActing Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan's full statement on a domestic violence case



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Russia blocks UN Libya statement singling out Haftar's forces

Russia blocks UN Libya statement singling out Haftar's forcesRussia on Sunday blocked a UN Security Council statement that would have called on forces loyal to Libyan commander Khalifa Haftar to halt their advance on Tripoli, diplomats said. Moscow insisted that the formal statement urge all Libyan forces to stop fighting, but the proposed change was opposed by the United States, council diplomats said. After a closed-door meeting on Friday, the council called on Haftar’s self-proclaimed Libyan National Army to “halt its military activity” in an agreed statement to the press.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Trump mocks Biden's statement on 'personal space' with doctored video

Trump mocks Biden's statement on 'personal space' with doctored videoPresident Trump shared a crude video on Twitter mocking former Vice President Joe Biden’s statement acknowledging allegations from multiple women of inappropriate behavior.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Airbus pulls plug on costly A380 superjumbo: statement

Airbus pulls plug on costly A380 superjumbo: statementEuropean aerospace giant Airbus said Thursday it would end production of the A380 superjumbo, the double-decker jet which earned plaudits from passengers but failed to win over enough airlines to justify its massive costs. The firm said it would stop deliveries of the A380 in 2021 after Dubai-based airline Emirates reduced its order of the model by 39 planes. “Following a review of its operations, and in light of developments in aircraft and engine technologies, Emirates is reducing its A380 orderbook from 162 to 123 aircraft,” Airbus said in a statement.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

PM May to Make Statement to Parliament on Tuesday: Brexit Update

PM May to Make Statement to Parliament on Tuesday: Brexit UpdateJack Dromey, the Labour politician whose cross-party amendment with Conservative Caroline Spelman to block a no-deal Brexit was passed by the House of Commons last month, said he is waiting until after Theresa May speaks on Tuesday before deciding whether to propose a repeat. “Has she got the message?” Dromey said in an interview.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Fairfax Accuser Describes Alleged Sexual Assault in Graphic Statement

Fairfax Accuser Describes Alleged Sexual Assault in Graphic StatementVanessa Tyson released a statement Wednesday describing for the first time in graphic detail the sexual assault she alleges she suffered at the hands of Virginia lieutenant governor Justin Fairfax. Mr. Fairfax put his hand behind my neck and forcefully pushed my head towards his crotch.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Jussie Smollett attack: Family releases statement, pictures of possible persons of interest released

Jussie Smollett attack: Family releases statement, pictures of possible persons of interest released"We want to be clear, this was a racial and homophobic hate crime."



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

EU parliament won't approve Brexit deal without Irish 'backstop': statement

EU parliament won't approve Brexit deal without Irish 'backstop': statementThe European Parliament’s Brexit group said on Thursday it would not approve an agreement on Britain’s departure from the European Union that did not contain a full “backstop” provision to avoid a hard Irish border. The statement, issued after a meeting of the Brexit Steering Group, sought to dash any hopes in London that Prime Minister Theresa May could secure a time limit to the commitment of preventing a border on the island of Ireland. The group, chaired by Guy Verhofstadt, “reiterated that the withdrawal agreement is fair and cannot be re-negotiated.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines