Man Contracts Gut Parasite After Eating Sushi

Man Contracts Gut Parasite After Eating SushiA 32-year-old man in Portugal went to the hospital after experiencing stomach pain, vomiting and fever. A parasitic worm called Anisakis in the sushi he had just eaten. The incident highlights an increasing number of infections from a parasite found in raw fish that doctors are seeing in Western countries, as sushi dishes rise in popularity, according to a new report.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines