Girl Develops 'Flesh Eating' Infection After Strep Throat

Girl Develops 'Flesh Eating' Infection After Strep ThroatA 6-year-old girl in Ohio recently needed to have her leg amputated after she developed a rare complication from an infection with strep throat bacteria. The girl, Tessa Puma, was treated for strep throat in early March, the Akron Beacon Journal¬†reported. At that time, she didn’t have symptoms of the illness, but the doctors treated her because she had tested positive for group A Streptococcus, the bacterium that causes strep, after her father had strep throat, the newspaper said.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines