Barcelona attack victims: dead named, as seven-year-old British-born boy reported missing

Barcelona attack victims: dead named, as seven-year-old British-born boy reported missingFamily and friends have confirmed the death of loved ones following the attack in  Barcelona which killed at least 14 people and left many others injured. There are also missing people – relatives have been searching high and low, desperate for their loved ones to be safe. Here is all we know on the missing and the dead. The missing seven-year-old The family of a British-born seven-year-old boy has posted on Facebook begging for his safe return after he was separated from his injured mother. Julian Cadman was out in Barcelona with his mother when the terrorist's van struck where they were walking, separating them. The last photo of missing Aussie Julian Cadman before Barcelona attack, including the clothes he was wearing > MORE: t.co/Uk3O9oPFuapic.twitter.com/g1EYlTkokm— Herald Sun (@theheraldsun) August 18, 2017 The two were reportedly there to attend a wedding. His father Andrew Cadman, from Sydney, said he had spoken to his son only hours before he went missing. Cadman was travelling to Barcelona to search for Julian. He is due to land late on Friday evening. The little boy moved out to Australia three years ago, according to relatives.   He attended Chiddingstone Nursery in Kent before moving out to Sydney with his mother, who is from the Philippines, and his Australian father, Andrew Cadman. A family member said that at the time of the attack he was wearing a white shirt with a collar, and shorts. His hair has grown, and it is long now. The little boy in a picture his mother shared on Facebook Jumarie 'Jom' Cadman, the mother of Julian, was found in hospital and is in a serious but stable condition. The aunt of seven-year-old Julian Cadman says the family is desperate for news of their "sweet, bubbly" boy who has been missing since the atrocity. Norma Canaveral, who works at London's Cromwell Hospital, says Julian refers to her as granny and described him as "lovely, bubbly and sweet" child who loves to dance. How the Barcelona and Cambrils terror attacks unfolded 02:07 He had been attending a family wedding in Barcelona when the terrorist's van struck his mother Jim who is currently in a coma. Mrs Canaveral's daughters and Julian's cousins, Christabel Juguilon and  Norie-Jean Brown, spent Thursday ringing relatives for news as his Australian father makes a frantic dash across to Spain to search for his son. Julian's mother suffered multiple fractures and facial injuries as the terrorist's van struck her as they walk along Las Rambas. Julian was born in Tunbridge, Kent, and attended the prestigious Chiddingstone Nursery, set in a castle,before the family of three moved to Australia three years ago. Mr Cadman's father Tony, originally from Dorset, lives in Australia, and made an emotional appeal for news of his grandson. His father Andrew, a cabinet maker, heard the news on the radio at work. British dual national child missing after Spain terror attacks, says May 01:46 His cousin, George Cadman, wrote on Facebook: "My cousin, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (his Mum, my cousin-in-law) and she is in a serious but stable condition in hospital. "Julian is 7 years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share, especially if you have family or friends in Barcelona. Thank you." His grandfather, Tony Cadman, who is from Dorset originally but now lives in Australia, wrote: "My Grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (my daughter in law) and she is serious but stable condition in hospital." Belgian town mourns woman killed Elke Vanbockrijck was killed in the attack, according to friends, colleagues and the stricken town she was from. She was the mother of two young sons. Authorities said she was on holiday with her husband and sons when she was run down and killed by a terrorist. The town of Tongeren is opening a memorial book for the fallen woman, who according to friends was a football fan and a lot of fun. According to people who live in the town, Mrs Vanbockrijck worked at the local bank. One said: "She worked at the window at the 'Bank van de Post' where I'm a client. Heartfelt condolences for family and friends in this terrible drama ". A colleague said: "Rest in peace! We're going to miss you at work but also at the football!"  A friend wrote: "Super woman, honey of a mom, everything you want in a friend or colleague! And then she gets taken away from us! Terrible, strength to all colleagues and especially to the family and Vic and Gus" Belgium's foreign affairs minister, Didier Reynders, previously said a Belgian citizen was also among the dead. Een Tongerse werd vandaag slachtoffer van de laffe aanslag in Barcelona. Namens alle Tongenaren mijn deelneming aan familie en vrienden.— Patrick Dewael (@PatrickDewael) August 17, 2017 The mayor of Tongeren confirmed a woman from the town had died. Family mourns Spanish grandfather Francisco Lopez Rodriguez desaparecido foto en las ramblas antes del atentado pic.twitter.com/8AHq9m2eK3— Raquel Baron Lopez (@rachelbaron1976) August 18, 2017 Francisco López Rodríguez, who 60 years old and a native of Lanteira (Granada), was reported missing by stricken family members following the terror attack. He was pictured on Las Ramblas before a van careened into pedestrians, including Mr Rodríguez, who according to family members died on the spot. ha fallecido en el acto, en el impacto por eso no estaba en ninguna lista acabamos de recibir noticia no puedo seguir Gracias— Raquel Baron Lopez (@rachelbaron1976) August 18, 2017 Raquel Baron Lopez, his niece, posted a series of desperate tweets saying she was looking for him in hospitals across the city, but to no avail. She let her followers know the tragic news when she learned her uncle died when he was mown over by the van. Four other members of her family went missing – but were safely located in the hours following the attack. Dead Italian father-of-two mourned by friends and colleagues Among the 14 dead is Italian father-of-two Bruno Gullotta. His place of work, Tom's Hardware, confirmed that the 35-year-old had died in the attack. He leaves behind his partner, young mother Martina Gullotta, and his two children. Bruno The company wrote on Facebook: "He was a friend, a father and a colleague. "He was one of us at Tom's hardware, everyone knew who he was. We're all going to miss him. "A big hug to Martina and the kids." His colleague said his heart was going out to the children, "little Alexander, who is preparing to start elementary school with the awareness that his life and family will no longer be the same. "And then we think of the little Aria, who does not have the horrible scene in her eyes but will never know her dad. " The father-of-two worked in marketing and sales at the company. A colleague writes: "He was able to lead a rich family life and a brilliant professional career with a balance- and that I will always envy him." Italian man dies next to fiancee Luca Russo pictured next to a woman believed to be his fiancee Credit: Facebook The Italian foreign ministry identified the second Italian killed as Luca Russo, who was on holiday with his fiancée. She was injured but was not in serious condition. He was from Bassano Grappa in the northern province of Treviso and worked at a company in Padua. Both Luca and his girlfriend Marta Scomazzon were volunteers at the Green Cross, according to local police. According to local media, he was 25 years old and was an engineering graduate. His sister wrote an hour before he was identified as dead: "help me bring him home, please". "We are born without bringing anything, we die without taking away anything. And in the middle we argue for something," was the last thing he posted on his Facebook page. In 2015, after the Paris attacks, Luca Russo had posted a Eiffel tower, writing "peace" and "Religion is the opium of the people". The President of Veneto, Luca Zaia, said: "Veneto loses one of its children. "Memory can only return to the Bataclan attack, where our Valeria Solesin was barbarously killed". A 75-year-old Spaniard named as victim Pepita Codina, 75, from the Spanish town of Sant Hipòlit de Voltregà was named as one of the thirteen victims. The town's mayor, Xavier Vilamala, confirmed her death in a message on Twitter. A three-year-old child among those dead A three-year-old child is among those confirmed dead, Spanish media reported. The child is from  Rubi in Barcelona and was apparently taken to San Pau hospital but could not be saved. Fifteen of the victims were last night in critical condition. In Australia,  Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop confirmed that four Australians had been hurt in the attack, while one person is missing. Barcelona terror attack, in pictures Twenty-six French citizens were injured, with at least 11 of them in serious condition, the French Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement. A spokesman for Spain's civil protection had earlier said said that among the victims in the popular seaside city were nationals from France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Argentina, Venezuela, Belgium, Australia, Hungary, Peru, Romania, Ireland, Greece, Cuba, Macedonia, China, Italy and Algeria – without detailing whether he was referring to those who died or were injured. Teacher searches for her missing husband Heidi Nunes was on a blissful holiday with her husband Jared Tucker, a 42-year-old construction worker, when disaster struck. The US state department has confirmed one American has been killed – but Mr Tucker is still missing. The two were in the path of the terrorist-driven vehicle – and ended up becoming separated. The two on Las Rambas The couple from Walnut Creek, California, were celebrating their first wedding anniversary in Europe, and had just finished drinks on Las Rambas when the van came out of nowhere. "Next thing I know there's screaming yelling," Ms Nunes, a 40-year-old teacher, told NBC News. "I got pushed inside the souvenir kiosk and stayed there hiding while everybody kept running by screaming." She saw a video of a man who appears to be him, severely injured, and being helped by a passer-by. However, she has searched high and low and seen nothing of him since. In the image above, she is with her husband at a bar in Las Rambas around an hour before she lost him. A spokesman for the State Department said: "The US consulate general in Barcelona continues to work with local authorities to identify and provide assistance to US citizens affected by the terrorist attacks in Las Ramblas and Cambrils. "At this time we can confirm that one US citizen was killed. We can also confirm that one US citizen sustained minor injuries. "Out of respects for the family’s privacy in their time of grief, we have no further comment. Spanish authorities report that there are still several casualties that are not yet identified." It is unclear whether the statement refers to Mr Tucker, who is still missing. Barcelona attack key articles  



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines